3.8.12

winding down

you know when you feel like your moving at a thousand miles an hour but everything else is going so slow? It feels like you're listening to Little River Band, "Friday night it was late, I was walking you home..." but at the same time like your listening to every dance song you ever rocked out to in a night club when you were 19? 

this is my reality and it's beautiful and confusing at the same time.

the wedding keeps creeping into my every day dialogue. that's right. I'M GETTING MARRIED! .........and every time i remember that i feel like eating copious amounts of fried chicken. not that i don't want to get married. and (of course) i am terribly organised, right down to the last flower petal. i think it's just the fact that i am so far (2500kms) away from where i am getting married. i feel so far away from the wedding itself (even though it is only a mere 58(??) days away!!) that i still can't quite comprehend it.

it's birth month. My soon-to-be Mr is turning 27! i think this is the first time in 3 years i have actually put in any effort to acknowledge his birthday. packages are arriving, the fur-kids have even contributed to the gift pile.

my practicum student is arriving soon. i love this!  i get the opportunity to teach someone else to be a teacher which is always a valuable reflective tool and gives me a break from some parts of my job but also opens up another (sometimes more complicated) part.

we are off to Borneo soon to spend some time with orangutans.

i am in the process of organising a year 9 English unit on "12 Angry Men" and attempting to gain my Digital Pedagogical Licence.

my transfer application has been approved and I find out where my 2013 teaching location is in 48 days! 

in amongst all of this i am apparently 'winding down'........yet i still feel like i'm going too fast to even stop for a second. 

best feeling ever! 

2 comments:

  1. You get to be a mentor-teacher this year!? Awesome! I bet the extra hand will be so helpful and convenient. Good luck in the upcoming school year :)

    Thank you for commenting on my blog! I'd love for you to come back and follow!

    Best,
    Vashelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment & the follow! and yes - any extra hands (and brains!) in a classroom are always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete