23.8.12

Classroom Envy

Today I ripped the innards our of my classroom. I'm talking 6 garbage bags full of stuff. It was a great feeling and thankgoodness Mr Maths was able to help me carry it all down to the bins!

I have been blog hopping and seeing so many beautiful classrooms on teaching blogs. They all have bright colours and adorable matching themes. They are classrooms that people are proud to take pictures of and put on the internet! My classroom looks like a cave - well...an empty cave now! 

I have potato sacks on the windows as curtains. I have a whiteboard that has been dented in several places and covered in stickers in other places. I have a book case that looks like it was made from weetbix. My computer area has bare floorboards and you can see through to the concrete below. Sometimes lizards get in. The whole room hasn't had a lot of love but it is still mine and I like it. I just wish that I had access to some things to make it nicer - like an Ikea and a Bunnings and an Office Works! 

I need to think of a classroom theme for next year - any suggestions?

We are going on an excursion tomorrow to the library....I'm very excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment