13.7.12

Breakfast Beans

I discovered a cookbook I brought about 7 years ago. It is a Women's Weekly book and it is amazing. It's one of those books I've looked through quite a few times and though, "Why did I ever even buy this?" and put back on the bookshelf.


For some reason I picked it up on Sunday night and started flipping though it and couldn't help but be amazed at how easy a lot of the recipes looked. Quite often I assume that because something seems pretty simple it mustn't taste very good. The thing is, while this is true for some of those "4 ingredients and dinner in 2 seconds", books for this book it is different. This book seems to strike the right balance between easy to make, accessible ingredients and taste. I kicked started with this delicious breakfast:


Breakfast Beans


What you need
1/2 an onion diced
2 cloves garlic
3 bacon rashers diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 can cannelini beans
parsley


What you do
saute the onion, garlic and bacon in a saucepan until the onion is soft.  Add the crushed tomatoes, mustard and beans and stir through until thoroughly heated. Serve on toast with parsley to top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment