13.7.12

ANZAC Biscuits

So I'm a little late with these as ANZAC Day was ages ago. However, my English class are studying Australian Representations at the moment and we are watching several scenes from Gallipoli. It has got me in the mood for these crisp, moist delicious cookies,

There's something awesome about butter and golden syrup. I've never really liked golden syrup but the way that it caramelises with the butter in these cookies makes them so special.

I use a pretty simple recipe but one thing I've changed is the addition of sultanas. I LOVE sultanas. Everything is better with them....even cheese. Nothing makes these bikkies better than finding plump, juicy, partially cooked sultanas hidden on the inside....or outside depending on how many you use. Always tasty and perfect morning/afternoon tea snack.

My ANZAC Biscuits
1 cup flour
1 cup of rolled oats mixed
Splash of pepitas and sunflower seeds
Sultanas (as many as you require!)
1/2 cup Raw sugar
1/2 cup Coconut
150grams butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 tablespoon water

Combine the flour, oats, seeds, sultanas, sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl.

On the stove melt down the butter and the syrup, mixing occasionally. Just as butter melts combine bicarb soda with 1 tablespoon of water and add to butter and syrup. Mixture will bubble up so take off the heat.

Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix to combine. Take small handfuls of mixture and roll into balls, place on baking tray cook in 180 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Sometimes I like mine to be a little overdone, it gives them that crispness.

No comments:

Post a Comment