30.10.13

October in the Garden

I took these photos last weekend and I already feel like everything has changed so much! It seems to change every single day.

Despite how quickly things are changing I still feel like, after undertaking all my planting early on the in the season, I just have a great big waiting game ahead of me.

Everything looks like it's just about to pop......but it still takes so long. Gardening is a true game of patience.


 I've harvested two more zucchinis and the corn is starting to form, what I believe to be, husks. My tomato plants have come back to life which is exciting.



Caterpillars are still wreaking havoc in some areas but frequent squishing sessions seem to be keeping them under control for the most part. The beetroot, lettuce and lemon-coriander are starting to take shape. My poor old chillies just are not coming to the party. I wonder if perhaps it is still too cold, but I've managed to kill about 8 seedlings now. I'll try again in a few weeks......it will give me something to do while I wait for everything else to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment