13.10.13

October in the Garden

This is my favourite time of year. The sun comes up around 5:30am, my dogs see it and immediately want to be outside. They wake me up and we all head down stairs. It is cool, slightly damp, lightly lit, quiet. Perfect.

Lots of things are happening in my garden at the moment.  We've put in another little passionfruit. Maybe in like 3 years I'll have something to show for this. Note the bricks are a perfect doggy deterrent. 



My zucchini is coming along nicely. I used up one to make an awesome parmesan zucchini bake. There are 3 more that will be ready soon.



The beans are going crazy. They have an awesome nutty flavour and just keep producing. The carrots have been thinned out and I can't wait to pull them out and see what they've been up to!


The corn is coming along steadily. It is starting to develop husks which is super exciting.


The chilli is still going slowly......like really slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment