11.2.12

Buzzing Saturday

A non-stop Saturday. Many things to sort out around the house, trying to 'unclutter' the collection of rooms we currently call home. I constructed a new desk for the study which required me to throw out an old bookcase and go through a collection of books that haven't been touched for years. Sandwiched between two secondhand copies I found a recipe in my mum's neat writing titled "Banana Bread"

It was quite different to my usual Banana Bread recipe but I had all of the ingredients in the pantry (for a change) and, conveniently I had one very overripe banana to get rid of. Instead of throwing it out I mashed it up and got started on this perfectly delicious way to relax on a Saturday afternoon....

Banana Bread
1 egg
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 cup self-rasing flour
1 banana mashed
Some chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons golden syrup

Combine the egg and the sugar. Add the flour, banana, walnuts and golden syrup. Fold all the ingredients together and put in a 180 degree oven for 45min.

No comments:

Post a Comment