25.12.14

Christmas 2014

It wouldn't be Christmas without an update from the kitchen. In the past I have embarked on quite elaborate Christmas projects (which might not look like much, but after 2 bottles of bubbles it was a real effort) but this year I decided to avoid disaster and go with something more low key…..of course it was still wrought with disaster but on a much smaller scale.



Armed with my very Merry Mojito, I decided my baking gifts this year would be in the form of balls (insert mandatory "hehehe"). The standard Rum Balls of course, but I added in Timtam Balls and Mars Bar Balls as well. I think the Rum Balls were my best ever, the Mars Bars Balls were pretty plain but the Timtam Balls…..hold the phone Santa! These were TO DIE FOR.




I've had a lot of chocolate over the past few weeks. My birthday comes just a little to close to the end of the school year and Christmas so between November and January I am basically forced to push my body to the brink of diabetes. Timtam Balls = worth it!

I wasn't sure how to present all the balls (hehehe) but came across these cute little boxes in a party shop. The fact that they match my personal favourite Christmas colours was an absolute bonus.

The final part of my Christmas baking was to provide desserts for the family. I went with my Chocolate Mint Tart, Passionfruit & Mango Trifle and a standard Pavolva.


Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment