18.11.13

Tuna Fish Cakes

I hate tuna. I would really love to love it. It is apparently like some sort of super food ....how is tinned fish a super food? I find it consistently disappointing and "too fishy" .....if that is even possible. I'm picky with fish.

In a bid to save a few more dollars each week I am trying to introduce some more tuna meals to our dinners. Each fortnight I sit down and figure out what our dinners will be for the next 14 nights. It can be a pretty involved and time consuming process but doing so for the last year has really paid off for planning and saving. I have tried to include my husband in this process but he always says that I'm doing a fine job and that he doesn't really care. So when he asked what we were having for dinner Saturday night and I announced Tuna Fish Cakes....gosh, the overwhelming disappointment I was met with was shocking. Apparently he also dislikes Tuna. However, when I served up our fish cakes we LOVED them. This truly is the Tuna Fish Cake recipe for people who hate Tuna.


Tuna Fish Cakes
425g tin of tuna
2 eggs
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup garlic chives
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon mustard (I used seed)
1 teaspoon lemon juice (I used bottled)

Combine all the ingredients, then divide into pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and squash into a pattie shape. Lightly fry patties in a little olive oil until browned and crisp. Serve over salad with tartare sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment