26.7.13

From the Heart

Look at this gorgeous thing.


I am, of course, referring to my lovely apron. I have been waiting for an opportunity to show case this but I wasn't quite sure how to do it so... this is how I'm doing it.

This apron was a handmade gift from Jenn. Who is Jenn? Well, apart from perhaps my most avid reader, Jenn, is my friend. Here is some more information about Jenn.

Jenn is Canadian, which automatically means she is kind, thoughtful and has an adorable accent. It also means she says things like "trunk" instead of "boot" and "bangs" instead of "fringe" and also gives me weird looks when I talk about my thongs (flip-flops).

Jenn is a teacher. This means, among other talents, she is clever, resourceful, patient, resilient and good at explaining things.

Jenn made me this card about 4 years ago. It has been attached to my fridge ever since and I read it frequently because it makes me feel good.


Jenn took me to my first Pilates class at the gym in Ipswich. That got me excited about joining a gym and doing classes. 

Jenn let me drive her to the Sunshine Coast for a weekend. And was totally calm about almost colliding with another vehicle along the way.


Jenn is healthy and does things like run and train for marathons. She also understands the importance of drinking tea and enjoying decadent baked goods.

Jenn has great fashion sense and cool mittens.
  
Jenn went to university with me. She helped me with assignments and did group projects with me. She understands what it is like to be so tired and stressed that all you can do is eat caramel filled koala shaped chocolate. She is also highly supportive when you lose your voice the day a presentation is due.

Jenn's name is similar to mine. It goes consonant, vowel, double consonant. This is the pattern that indicates general awesomeness.

Jenn is a scientist. She made flowers turn blue for me.


Jenn gave me a little angle to watch over me (note the little figure on the bouquet).



Jenn introduced me to Tim Hortons, which literally changed my life.

Jenn taught me how to actually build a snowman. Who knew you could roll snow into balls - I always thought that was just something they did on cartoons!



Jenn has an amazing family who let me stay at their home and explore their barn and invited me to a New Years Eve party that I will never forget.



Jenn is my friend and with my whole heart, I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment