23.10.12

Nut & But

I have two dogs - a Tibetan Spaniel, named Butters and a Boston-Terrier cross Jack Russell, named Peanut. Together they are Nut and But, they are best friends and my whole world!

They are both currently living with my mother. We had to leave them with her as we are in the middle of packing up our lives and heading back to the city so, to save them the stress of flights and 2500km drives it was better to leave them with her (to be spoilt beyond belief!). But gosh, I miss them!

The house is so empty. I am having to rely on an actual alarm clock instead of the little whimpers of puppies who need to get outside every morning. At night is the worst, when my husband works night shifts (which is almost always) they were the best company and it would be the perfect excuse to fill the bed with the furkids.

So obviously I have turned to comfort food. Another huge contributor to this is no longer having a wedding dress to fit into and, after foregoing so much indulgence prior to the wedding, it seems my body expects me to binge. Also I have a cupboard of food that needs to be emptied prior to moving so and as tribute to my beautiful little dogs who I miss so much, I present:


Chunky Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies 
These are super simple, easy, delicious and feel like a whole meal in a cookie (or like 5 cookies)

What you need:
125g butter (softened)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
raw peanuts (as many as you think you would like)
choc drops/ choc chips (as many as you think you would like...and then some)

What to do:
Beat the butter and sugar until creamy then add the peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Whaz this all up until it is a smooth caramelly coloured creamy mixture. Then add the flour, peanuts and chocolate and mix to combine.


Now really, you could leave it at that and just eat it from the bowl, I would not judge you....ever. But they are also equally as good if you roll them into little blobs and bake them for about 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment